Job title: Ground Station System Engineer
Customer: EUMETSAT (European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites)
Location of work: Darmstadt, Germany
Due date for application: Open
Preferred start date: Open
We are currently seeking a full time Ground Station System Engineer to join our dynamic team of engineers.
- A university degree in a relevant technical discipline (i.e., telecommunications, electronics, radio frequency or equivalent) or the equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience in the ground stations systems and subsystems engineering (TT&C and Mission Data Acquisition).
- Excellent analytical, synthesis, and presentation skills.
- Very good interpersonal, communication and reporting skills and an ability to apply these to the interactions within a team and between teams in a multi-disciplinary context.
- A systematic approach to work with the ability to plan their work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and to manage complex tasks with minimum supervision.
- The capability to write accurate, concise, focused and consistent technical documentation and reports.
Skills and Experience
The Key Person will also be responsible for the following tasks and activities:
- Contribute to the planning, preparation, and execution of Ground Station operations.
- Contribute to the update of the EPS-GS (EUMETSAT Polar System – Second Generation) Ground Segment Requirements Document and other technical documents.
- Contribute to the EPS-SG Mission Control and Operations and Payload Data Acquisition and Processing in the areas of Ground Stations.
- Provide technical expertise for clarifications, actions, and inputs related to Ground Stations system and sub-system technical topics.
- Provide technical expertise on ground stations for IVV activities and supported the IVV team in the definition of test procedures.
- Contribute to the planning, preparation, and execution of TTCS operations.
- Contribute to antenna tracking campaigns and analyse space-to-ground link performance.
- Participate in the planning, preparation and execution of Radio Frequency Compatibility Tests.
- Investigate and provide technical know-how regarding Ground Station anomalies.
- Provide specialist technical know-how on the design and operation of EPS-SC Ground stations to Mission Control and Operations verification and validation activities.
- Provide technical expertise to any necessary ad-hoc technical and management meetings, including anomaly review boards.
Fluency in English is mandatory; this is the working language at EUMETSAT, and the Contractors must be able to work effectively in this language both in written and spoken form.
Are you up to the challenge of a new opportunity to evolve your career?
Send your CV in Europass format to: firstname.lastname@example.org