Job title: Development of OFTs for LI Commissioning Service
Customer: EUMETSAT (European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites)
Location of work: Darmstadt, Germany / Work Remotely
Due date for application: 15th November 2021
Preferred start date: Q1 2022
Based on client’s understanding of the service deliverables, outputs and related tasks, the contractor shall demonstrate the following experience and references:
- University degree in physical remote sensing, meteorology, oceanography, physics, IT/Computational Science, or equivalent;
- Previous experience in the provision of services in the domain of Earth Observations ideally for Weather Applications;
- Very good experience in scientific software development;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Ability to writing scientific/technical documents;
- Advanced Python programming skills, with particular focus on: i) processing and plotting of scientific results (i.e., xarray, numpy, pandas, scipy, matplotlib), ii) data visualization of Earth Observation imaging data (i.e., Cartopy), and iii) using Python interfaces to access a PostgreSQL database;
- Experience in optimization of processing of large amounts of data (i.e. out of core computing using xarray/dask).
- Knowledge of NetCDF format;
- Advanced software engineering skills (i.e., working/programming in Linux using command line/terminal, understanding Linux shell scripts, set-up, and handling cronjobs)
- Experience in the definition and maintenance of PostgreSQL DB;
- Advanced knowledge of Git for software development in version control;
The following experience would be considered an additional asset:
- Knowledge/previous experience with Satpy/Pytroll and Jupyter notebooks
Fluency in English is mandatory; this is the working language at EUMETSAT, and the Contractors must be able to work effectively in this language both in written and spoken form.
Are you up to the challenge of a new opportunity to evolve your career?
Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org