Job title: Senior Spacecraft Operations Preparation Engineer
Customer: EUMETSAT (European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites)
Location of work: Darmstadt, Germany / Work Remotely
Due date for application: 28th May 2021
Preferred start date: Flexible
What we offer?
- Flexibility to support various sub-systems and payloads -> you will be able to develop further experience in your current area of expertise or develop expertise you wish you had,
- MSG satellites are spin stabilized and MTG satellites are 3-axis stabilized -> you will gain experience on both types of missions
- The Service Team in charge of supporting routine operations is also in charge of supporting the operations preparation -> you will gain invaluable experience in all phases of this space project including the support to LEOP, commissioning and end of life,
- A permanent employment in a fast growing and energetic company looking at shaking the Space Industry.
- Flexible working conditions including remote / teleworking options.
- Very good salary package and evolution possibilities.
Important notice: All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence will be required.
The ideal candidate:
In addition to having a university degree in a relevant technical discipline or the equivalent work experience, the applicant shall have experience in at least the following attributes:
- Experience in Spacecraft Operations preferably on Geostationary Earth Orbit (GEO), spinning and/or 3-axis stabilised spacecraft with responsibility for one or more platform subsystems or instruments during operational validation, LEOP, commissioning or routine operations phases;
- Experience of Spacecraft Operations Preparation preferably on Geostationary Earth Orbit (GEO), with responsibility on development and validation of operational baseline ( procedures, database etc.) including validation tools (e.g. S/C simulator) and ground segment M&C facilities;
- Experience in satellite performance monitoring and reporting aspects including anomaly analysis and solving in liaison with satellite industry, procedure change control and configuration management processes;
- Experience in the operation or development of satellite ground segment facilities, in particular procedure development, monitor and control, mission planning, on-board software management, performance analysis, configuration management and simulator facilities.
Experience of the following would be a distinct advantage:
- Experience of MSG CF and of SCOS2000 mission control systems and use of the APEX operations procedures preparation and execution tool;
- Proven experience in the phases of LEOP and commissioning.
- Specification of space system and operational concepts, facility requirements;
- Familiarity with On-Board Control Procedure concepts;
- Familiarity with the ECSS Packet Utilisation Standard, customisation and usage;
- Familiarity with system change control and configuration management procedures;
- Data analysis software packages and programming skills in other coding languages such as Python / Java etc.;
- Use of VBA for development of ad-hoc tools in MS Office applications.
Are you up to the challenge? Looking for a new opportunity to evolve your career? Send your CV by the 28th May 2021 to: email@example.com