Job title: Prototype Engineer
Customer: EUMETSAT (European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites)
Location of work: Darmstadt, Germany
Due date for application: 11th May 2020
Preferred start date: Flexible
The key Person shall provide contributions to the Cloud and Aerosol (CLA) team responsible for the scientific product development and implementation for cloud and aerosol parameters including:
– Algorithm installation and testing;
– Algorithm software anomaly investigation and correction;
– Operation of scientific validation tools to support the analysis;
– Design and implementation of algorithm enhancements or improvements;
– Software feasibility analyses of proposed new product algorithms, or major algorithm upgrades;
– Development of tools in support of product monitoring, product analysis, and validation testing;
– Preparation of technical documents on product implementation issues;
– Preparation of technical notes and reports as required;
Ideally the Key person shall have:
– A university degree or comparable qualifications in Meteorology, Atmospheric Physics or related subjects;
– A minimum of three years’ experience of processing satellite or meteorological data;
– Proven experience in the design, implementation, and testing of complex scientific algorithm software;
– Proven experience of software development in C and Fortran in a UNIX environment;
– Proven experience in software development using data visualisation and analysis tools (e.g. IDL, python);
– Experience in configuration control of software and data; Sound knowledge and experience in the area of Aerosol and/or Cloud extraction from satellite imagery, or experience with image processing algorithms in the area of retrieval.
Furthermore, it would be highly desirable to have experience with or knowledge of some of the following:
– GRASP Algorithm (General Retrival of Aerosol and Cloud Properties)
– Operational data processing
– Previous experience on the EUMETSAT developments or facilities.
– Ability to conduct all activities in an orderly and disciplined manner
– Ability to work calmly and correctly under stress, and with minimal supervision.
– Possess good inter-personal skills.
While the official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French, the working language for the position is English and therefore the Key Person must be able to work effectively in this language.
Are you up to the challenge of a new opportunity to evolve your career?
Send your CV to: email@example.com