We are looking for a Operations Preparation Engineer with experience in Operations Preparation for Databases and OBSW end to end Operations to support one of our satellite operations preparation teams at EUMETSAT in Darmstadt, Germany.
Location of work: Darmstadt, Germany.
Due date for application: 14th March 2019.
Preferred start date: Flexible.
What we offer? A permanent employment in a fast growing and energetic company. Build-up strong experience in a stimulating international environment. Very good salary package and follow-up.
Important notice: All candidates must be Fluent in English and eligible to live and work in the EU.
The provision of the service will involve the following tasks:
- Manage the OBSW images delivered to EUM and maintain adequate configuration of the
OBSW tool in coordination with the Ops Prep satellite team. This, with the objective to
ensure harmonisation of the management on ground and on board of the images.
- Produce the OBSW Ops Guide and related operation procedures.
- Responsible for the end to end operational concept to manage reference and
characterisation Databases being delivered to EUMETSAT. This also includes
operational interfaces with industry.
- Define for each type of Database its life cycle and configuration control for operation
usage. This will also imply the definition of Operations Department (OPS)
documentation, procedures and working practices.
- In charge of the development of the Satellite Operational Database based on the Satellite
Reference Database and OPIT inputs.
- Manage the Operational Database against changes to successive Satellite Reference
- Provide a single interface within OPIT for the Satellite and Instrument Characteristic
Databases and support FDF and PDAP experts for their respective Databases.
- Contribute to OICDs with external partners with respect to OBSW and Databases items.
- Manage Ops Prep database editor tool and OBSW tool environments.
- Contribute to the setting up of the OPS Configuration Management (CM) tool to manage
satellite and ground configuration control.
- Coordinate the needs for operational configurations of the OBSW tools, procedures and
- Databases for a multi ground segment environments (OPE, VAL, ENG) and multi-
- Provide services to the MCO and PDAP ground segment development teams as Ops Prep
representative with respect to OBSW and Databases interfaces and tools.
The ideal candidate:
In addition to having a university degree in a relevant technical discipline or the equivalent work experience, the applicant shall have the following mandatory attributes:
- Satellite operation preparation and routine operations phases;
- OBSW maintenance expertise with good knowledge of Configuration Management
(CM) processes for both ground images and on-board memory management;
- Satellite Databases management in the frame of the operation preparation phase;
- Experience on Operation Preparation tools such as procedure editor and databases
- Familiarity with the definition of operational interfaces and interactions with
industry or external partners.
Furthermore, it would be a distinct advantage for the key person to have experience with
some of the following:
- Knowledge of the ECSS E-70-41: Telemetry & Telecommand Packet Utilisation
- Knowledge of the mission control systems SCOS and OBSM application;
- Knowledge of the mission control systems SCOS MIB and SCOS MIB editors (e.g.
- Knowledge of SQL and database management tools;
- Some programming and scripting skills would also be an asset.
Are you up to the challenge? Looking for a new opportunity to evolve your career? Send your CV by the 14th March 2019 (or before) to: info_at_exostaff.de