We are looking for a Satellite Imager Offline Tool Developer with experience in System Design, specification and implementations of software to provide routine processing of large data sets preferably within the area of satellite remote sensing.
Customer: EUMETSAT (European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites)
Location of work: (Darmstadt, Germany)
Due date for application: 18th February 2020.
Preferred start date: Flexible.
The ideal candidate:
In addition to having a University degree in a relevant discipline such as:
- Computer science;
- Physics and/or
- Remote sensing
- A university degree (or equivalent) in a discipline relevant to the job profile.
- A proven high degree of autonomy and good analytical skills.
- Excellent programming skills in Python & C/C++
- Engineering skills of UNIX or LINUX based data processing systems, including:
- Requirements specification
- Design /
- Software maintenance and/or
- Software development
- Formal software testing
- System integration
- Very good technical writing skills, in particular in the area of formal technical documentation (e.g. requirements specification and design documentation, test plans and procedures, maintenance procedures);
- Global standards for data formats, in particular NetCDF-4 or HDF-5
Furthermore, it would be highly desirable to have experience with or knowledge of some of the following:
- JAVA Programming
- Design, use and maintenance of Relational Databases.
- Software build environments and tools (e.g. GCC compilers, make, automake, autoconf, RPM);
- Source code control systems (e.g. Git);
- Software anomalies analysis, debugging, profiling, fixing and processing;
- Knowledge of remote sensing methodologies and techniques, including calibration and Level 1 processing;
- Configuration management processes and applications (e.g. Dimensions);
- Solid background in basic statistical analysis
While the official languages of EUMETSAT are English and French, the working language for the position is English and therefore the Key Person must be able to work effectively in this language.
Are you up to the challenge of a new opportunity to evolve your career?
Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org