We are looking for a Spacecraft Operations Engineer preferably with some work experience on the management of a Payload provision of services for our Customer, EUMETSAT (European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites).
Location of work: Darmstadt, Germany.
Due date for application: 6th December 2018.
Preferred start date: Flexible.
What we offer? A permanent employment in a fast growing and energetic company looking at shaking the Space Industry. Build-up strong experience in a stimulating international environment. Very good salary package and follow-up.
Important notice: All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence will be required.
The service team will provide support to the MSG and MTG Spacecraft Operations Team, led by the Spacecraft Operations Manager, within the Flight Operations Division of the Operations and User Services Department.
The provision of the service will involve the following tasks:
- Familiarisation with the MSG satellite design and operations procedures as necessary;
- Contribution to the conduct of routine operations of the in-orbit MSG spacecraft.
- Provision of Satellite Operations Engineer on-call service;
- Performance evaluation and trend analysis to monitor the in-flight behaviour of the spacecraft, including support to yearly and specific operations reviews (e.g. eclipses, reconditioning, manoeuvres, decontamination, etc);
- Contribute for both current and future missions to the production and maintenance of:
- Automated and Manual procedures,
- Operational databases
- Special Operations Instructions (SOIs),
- Other operational documentation (e.g. SOE Guide, Contingency Operations Guide etc.)
- Contribution to the maintenance of the MSG Flight Operation Manual;
- Contribution of Sub-System expertise for the Satellite Simulator maintenance and engineering for current and future missions ;
- Contribution to the satellite monitoring and control facility operations team and maintenance team to ensure that the facility, including the telemetry analysis tools, is always fit for its purpose;
- Participation to the activities related to the MSG Routine Operations Support provided by the MSG satellites manufacturer;
- Analysis and investigation of operational events and anomalies particularly relating to the operations of the MSG Spacecraft and associated ground segment elements;
- Preparation and production of routine reports as necessary;
- Participation in the preparation and specification of ground system updates including the M&C systems and monitoring & analys tools;
- Preparation and review of technical notes and attendance at technical meetings and reviews;
- Preparation & presentation of Flight Ops Team training material regarding S/C Operations.
- Contribution to the MTG system operations development for S/C operations related topics.
- Contribution to the implementation, test and reviews of the different operations related elements of the MTG system (including satellites and ground segments).
- Contribution to the MTG operations preparations activities, mainly at Space Segment level but including also Ground Segment aspects.
- Participation to the preparation and execution of the Operational System Validation activities also including SVTs, rehearsals and the necessary training activities for the various operations personnel prior to system commissioning.
- Contribute to the definition and/or review of MTG commissioning activities.
The ideal candidate:
In addition to having a university degree in a relevant technical discipline or the equivalent work experience, the applicant shall have the following mandatory attributes:
- at least two years experience in a real-time spacecraft operations environment – preferably in an earth observation environment
Experience of the following would be a distinct advantage:
- Operations and/or design of satellite Payload for earth observations.
- Operations preparation of a satellite project.
- Routine spacecraft operations for Geostationary missions;
Are you up to the challenge? Looking for a new opportunity to evolve your career? Send your CV by the 6th December 2018 (or before) to: info_at_exostaff.de