The tasks of the Key person will include:
- Definition, performance, analysis and reporting of tests for the successful operational validation of MTG data processing for both MTG-I and MTG-S;
- Definition and maintenance of system and ground segment operations procedures and operations guides;
- Support to the MTG data processing procurement teams on defining the monitoring and control of data processing functionality, and with configuration control on the operational data to be managed and stored;
- Coordination with other members of the MTG operations preparation integration team (OPIT), and the instrument functional chain team (IFCT) to ensure:
- the optimisation of instrument data processing and its monitoring and control activities;
- the optimisation of interfaces to and from the data processing functionality to other components of the MTG functional system.
- Liaison with the operations system and data processing teams to ensure transfer of knowledge to and from the existing operational activities;
- Interaction with operational and under development Multi Mission Elements (MME) (centralised monitoring, storage and infrastructure) with respect to the management of data processing equipment, software and data, and for the use of the EUMETSAT generic monitoring and reporting tools;
- Interactions with the Mission Operations Facility (MOF) and Ground Stations Facilities (GSTF), in particular for data flows and inter-operability;
- Support to the definition of user interfaces and reporting to allow for efficient day to day operations by all levels ofuser against defined Key Performance Indicators (KPis);
- Mission performance analysis for both the data processing facilities and the centralised reporting capabilities;
- Supporting the analysis, f testing and operation of ground segment AIV activities with respect to data processing;
- Participation in technical meetings, formal reviews, and scheduling and planning meetings;
- Identification of critical activities for system operations, including conflicts and risks in advance and in detail, to be shared for review and approval prior to the actual execution of any foreseen risk/conflict;
- Provision of training, through written materials, practical demonstrations and presentations, to other members of the Operations, Operations Preparation and Engineering Teams.
In addition to having a university degree (or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline, the person shall have the following:
- at least three years work experience in the operation, operation preparation and configuration of end-to-end monitoring and reporting systems for complex satellite (Earth Observation) ground segments;
- at least three years experience in the definition, development, integration and verification & validation of ground segment and mission data monitoring systems;
- experience in the operational definition of Earth Observation data processing, its configuration and its validation, as well as the off-line and on-line analysis of instrument data processing and the methods used for its analysis.
Specifically the key person shall have:
- Processes, phases and documentation related to procurement of data processing systems, preferably for operational satellite payload data processing for Earth Observations;
- System and Software engineering as well as specification, development, and testing of operational software, preferably for earth observation systems;
- Formal software testing, verification and validation of data processing systems and/or product processors (L1 or L2) for satellite data or other meteorological data;
- Development and testing of software in UNIX environments.
The following areas of expertise would be an advantage:
- experience in high data rate, multi-channel, end to end science data processing systems;
- operational procedure and test plan development and validation for 2417 GEO satellite systems;
- experience in reading, testing and developing software routines and scripts particularly for Linux operating systems;
- familiarity with user interface development with respect to operation and instrument data processing;
- experience in development of XML, the automation of its development, and its use;
- experience in DOORS or similar requirement tracking tools;
- experience in the configuration management of complex operational systems.
Apply by sending an email to info_at_exostaff.de with an updated Curriculum Vitae.