The tasks of the Key person will include:
- Support the procurement of the data processing elements by advising on technical solutions proposed by the contractor and by reviewing documentation to confirm its compliance with the requirements;
- Support organisation and execution of facility reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR, TRR) including processing and handling of the RIDs, tracking RIDs resolutions and actions, verification of satisfactory documentation updates.
- Support management of the requirements baseline for data processing elements, including L0, L1 and L2 detailed processing specifications, and their life-cycle, including organisation of technical meetings for requirement consolidation, implementing and tracking documentation updates;
- Follow up the implementations of the framework elements and the operational processors; support and monitor contractors, organise and participate to progress meetings, formal reviews, technical and interface definition workshops;
- Support a proper knowledge transfer from EUMETSAT to industry, especially for operational concepts, working practices and procedures, and ensure that the design and implementation of the data processing system correctly support such operational needs;
- Develop and maintain, as well as support procurement of: test tools and test dataset including reference processors and reference test datasets that reflect the functionality defined in the processing specifications;
- Support the verification and validation, deployment, acceptance and warranty of the operational software;
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline such as computer science, physics, mathematics or remote sensing, the Consultant shall have a minimum of three years’ experience in software engineering for operational processing of satellite or meteorological data.
Specifically the key person shall have:
- Processes, phases and documentation related to procurement of data processing systems, preferably for operational satellite payload data processing for Earth Observations;
- System and Software engineering as well as specification, development, and testing of operational software, preferably for earth observation systems;
- Formal software testing, verification and validation of data processing systems and/or product processors (L1 or L2) for satellite data or other meteorological data;
- Development and testing of software in UNIX environments.
The following areas of expertise would be an advantage:
- Radiometric and spectral calibration, use of radiative transfer models, development of complex scientific software for the processing of large amount of data;
- ECSS standards;
- The ability to perform under high workloads;
- Very good communication, presentation and listening skills including the ability to rapidly absorb, and make use of, information presented in written and oral communications in a dynamic context.
Apply by sending an email to info_at_exostaff.de with an updated Curriculum Vitae.