The tasks of the Key person will include:
- Support management of the detailed processing specification documents related to L0, L1 and L2 processing elements, as well as their life-cycle, including organisation of technical and science meetings for requirement consolidation, implementing and tracking documentation updates;
- Ensure that a proper knowledge transfer from EUMETSAT to industry is properly implemented and follow up the implementations of operational processors, mainly for remote sensing scientific aspects;
- Organise and participate to science workshops; support engineers and scientists from industrial consortia by providing clarifications of the algorithms specifications as well as engineering and/or scientific support as needed, liaise industrial consortia and EUMETSAT’s experts for the resolution of technical and scientific issues;
- Interface with the MTG Science Team for all aspects related to the preparation of algorithms definitions and product generation specifications documents;
- Support the definition of interfaces, the production of related ICDs, attendance to interface workshops and, specifically for the interface between the Image Navigation and Registration (INR) processing components of the MTG Sounder missions and the rest of the IDPF-S processing system;
- Support organisation and execution of facility reviews (e.g. PDR, CDR, TRR) including processing and handling of the RIDs, tracking RIDs resolutions and actions, verification of satisfactory documentation updates.
- Develop and maintain, as well as support procurement of: test tools and test dataset including reference processors and reference test datasets that reflect the functionality defined in the processing specifications;
- Support the verification and validation, deployment, acceptance and warranty of the operational software, specifically for instrument and product processors;
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline such as computer science, physics, mathematics or remote sensing, the Consultant shall have a minimum of three years’ experience in software engineering for operational processing of satellite or meteorological data.
Specifically the key person shall have:
- Specification, development, and testing of product processors for earth observation platforms, with knowledge of the following domain-specific aspects being highly desirable:
- Ground processing algorithms for hyperspectral sounding instruments, covering geolocation, radiometric and spectral calibration at level 1 as well as methodologies and techniques for atmospheric retrievals at Level 2.
- Ground processing algorithms for lightning instruments, covering detection, false event filtering, geolocation and analysis of temporal and spatial statistics;
- Operational software for high-throughput, low-latency processing of satellite data, preferably for hyperspectral sounding instruments;
- System and software engineering for operational earth observation ground processing;
- Formal software testing, verification and validation of product processors (L1 or L2) for satellite data or other meteorological data;
- Development and testing of software in UNIX environments.
The following areas of expertise would be an advantage:
- Image Navigation and Registration for geostationary imaging satellites;
- Processes, phases and documentation related to procurement of operational data processing systems in the field of Earth Observations including ECSS standards;
- The ability to perform under high workloads;
- Very good communication, presentation and listening skills—including the ability to rapidly absorb, and make use of, information presented in written and oral communications in a dynamic context.
Apply by sending an email to info_at_exostaff.de with an updated Curriculum Vitae.