The tasks of the Key Person will typically include:
- Analysis of similarities and specificities to the IASI and IASI-NG processing within the EPS and EPS-SG contexts and the required products, with the aim to maximise algorithm re-use.
- Maintenance and evolution of the IASI-NG products generation specification documents, taking into account the above identified commonalities and specificities.
- Maintenance and evolution of the documentation including new science resulting from internal developments or external studies or contributions.
- Contribution to the review and analysis of specification documents for the input data to the IASI-NG processing chain, e.g. IASI L1c, MWS L1b etc.
- Contribute to clarifications and answers to issues raised during the reviews of IASING L1D and L2 documentations; evolve the IASI-NG products generation specification documents taking the review outcome into account.
- Support the porting and re-use of IASI processing software in the context of EPS-SG for IASI-NG, including the preparation and documentation of S/W packages, test and verification data.
- Prototype functions of the IASI-NG L1D and L2 processing chain.
- Adapt and evolve the existing IASI L2 operational processor to form an IASI-NG prototype, e.g. make it ready to ingest IASI-NG and MWS L1 synthetic test data.
- Contribution to the harmonisation of the IASI and IASI-NG processors.
- Integration and verification of external software deliveries in the prototype processor
- Software anomaly fixing
- Code optimisation
- Development and documentation of prototype software and test procedures
- Generation of test data
- Statistical analysis and visualisation of hyper-spectral infrared principal components and Level 2 products
- Support L2 monitoring facilities and interpretation
- Contribution to validation reports for IASI operational and IASI-NG prototype products.
The Key Person shall have a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline such as computer science, mathematics, physics, astrophysics, meteorology or remote sensing. The Key Person shall have at least three years of experience in the field of scientific computing.
Specifically the key person shall have:
Specifically, the Key Person shall have experience and skills in:
- Numerical algorithms;
- Development and testing of complex scientific software;
- Documentation of complex scientific software;
- Generation and documentation of test data and test procedures;
- Handling and processing of big amounts of data;
- NetCDF format and using associated libraries;
- Object oriented techniques for scientific computing;
- Concurrent S/W development in a team and Software tools for revision control;
- Very good skills in C++;
- Advanced use of data analysis and visualisation with tools like IDL or Matlab; preferably with satellite data;
The following areas of expertise would be an advantage:
- Principal component analysis
- Further mathematical modelling techniques (non-linear optimization, regression, neural networks, Kalman filters, etc.)
- Familiarity with satellite data, preferably from IASI or other hyper-spectral infrared instruments
- Use of radiative transfer models
- Retrieval of atmospheric parameters from infrared and/or microwave radiances
- Software testing
- Validation and visualization of satellite products
- Software libraries for numerical linear algebra and similar subroutines
- Experience with further programming relevant languages and tools such as Perl,
- Python, Java, etc.
- Multi-threads programming.
Apply by sending an email to info_at_exostaff.de with an updated Curriculum Vitae.