The tasks of the Key person will include:
- Provision of support for the generation of Level 2 data processing, product format, and auxiliary data specifications for the UVNS mission;
- Provision of support to the development of algorithms for the calibration of UVNS Level 0 data;
- Development of prototype software for the purposes of testing and validation of the algorithms developed, including the generation of associated technical reports etc;
- Analyse the constraints imposed by the implementation of the products within an operational processing environment on the algorithm and implement necessary changes;
- Interfacing with experts across EUMETSAT as needed;
- Collaboration with expert groups and the wider scientific community outside EUMETSAT as appropriate;
In addition the key person will provide support to:
- Assessment of results from scientific studies;
- Refinement of mission requirements in response to expert advice and results of scientific studies;
- Scientific assessments related to requirements refinements;
- Interaction with expert teams and the conduct of expert team meetings,
- Participation in reviews.
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, the consultant shall have a minimum of 5 years experience in the field of remote sensing product retrievals, data processing, and analysis. Further the consultant shall have a solid background in software engineering. He/she shall be familiar with Level 2 retrieval algorithms, data processing, and satellite instrument characteristics in the UV to SWIR part of the spectrum. He/she shall have the ability to write concise and comprehensive scientific and technical reports.
Specifically the key person shall have:
- Experience in atmospheric remote sensing in the optical spectrum (Ultraviolet to Shortwave Infrared);
- Familiarity with Earth observation systems in operational meteorology, atmospheric composition and climate monitoring (both remote sensing and in situ systems);
- Handling and processing of remote sensing data;
- Experience with instrument calibration and characterisation;
- Familiarity with radiative transfer;
- Good skills in a higher programming language (e.g. Fortran, C++).
The following areas of expertise would be an advantage:
- Quality control of satellite data and products;
- Operational product processing environments;
- Software build environments and tools (e.g. make, imake, eclipse, insure++);
- Source code control system (e.g. git or SVN).
Apply by sending an email to info_at_exostaff.de with an updated Curriculum Vitae.