The tasks of the key person will typically include:
- Contributing to EUMETSAT existing and future programmes in the development of INR data processing systems, in particular:
- Support the development / procurement of the INR data processing systems;
- Support the verification and validation of INR data processing systems, and their initial operations phase;
- Supporting the investigation and correction of anomalies related to the performance of INR data processing systems;
- Developing and documenting prototype software validating INR algorithms and/or realising INR processing concepts for future programmes, in particular for high-accuracy processing of instrument data from 3-axis stabilised platforms;
- Supporting the generation of proxy-data for INR prototyping or for verification/validation of INR data processing systems;
- Develop the in-house knowledge base related to Image Navigation and Registration (INR) algorithms and the related implementations as well as high-accuracy level 1 processing from instruments on GEO and LEO orbits;
- Participation and contributions to formal reviews and/or technical meetings.
In addition to having a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, the Key person shall have the following mandatory skills and experience:
- An extensive theoretical knowledge of Level 1 data processing algorithms for Image Navigation and Registration, and geometric correction;
- Hands-on experience in the design and implementation of estimation filters (e.g. Kalman or Least-square filters), preferably in an Image Navigation and Registration application context;
- A sound experience in the specification, prototyping, implementation, verification and validation of complex, real-time Level 1 data processing systems for imaging and/or sounding instruments on remote sensing spacecraft;
- A thorough understanding of the interaction between instrument/platform characteristics and processing impact, including product quality;
- Experience in the development of INR processing systems preferable for large (multi-instrument) operational space programmes;
- Hands-on expertise in at least one coding language, preferable C/C++, and with a tool to support of algorithm software development and rapid prototyping, e.g. MATLAB, IDL, Python;
The following skills and experience will be considered advantageous:
- Some familiarity with UNIX/LINUX systems;
- Knowledge of imaging and/or sounding instrumentation for remote sensing spacecraft.
Apply by sending an email to info_at_exostaff.de with an updated Curriculum Vitae.